TEST YOUR SPIRITUAL QUOTIENT
1. For many years devotees had Darshan of Bhagavan in Brindavan around the Sai Ram shed, under the shade of an enormous tree. When was the new Darshan hall called the 'Sai Ramesh Hall' inaugurated?
2. In the Mahabharata, Dronachaarya, the preceptor, tested his archery disciples' powers of concentration by asking them what they saw when aiming at a bird on a tree. How did Arjuna respond, thus proving his superlative ability to concentrate?
A. That he saw the bird upon the branch.
B. That he saw only the bird.
C. That he saw the bird and surrounding leaves.
D. That he saw equally the tree, the branch and the bird.
3. One of Jesus' best known parables refers to a comparison of heaven with a mustard seed. What was the comparison based on?
A. That the mustard seed will increase in size.
B. That the mustard seed is of great value.
C. That the mustard seed is very rare.
D. That the mustard seed has a good taste.
4. The four Yugas (cosmic cycles) have the names of Kritha; Thretha; Dwarapa; and Kali. Each Yuga is associated with a particular spiritual practice that is most efficacious during its period. What is the spiritual activity that should be practised in the present Kali Yuga?
B. Chanting the Name.
5. In Islam, there are six 'articles of faith'. What do these refer to? A collection of six -
A. Religious beliefs.
B. Ritualistic behaviours.
C. Items of special clothing.
D. Holiest scriptures.
6. Can you answer the following question put by Swami during one of his discourses?
"In the first twelve years of Rama's life, He encountered three types of women. When he went with the sage Vishwamitra to protect his sacrifice, he encountered the ogress Thataki. He put an end to her without any compunction or aversion. After Vishwamitra's sacrifice was completed, Rama went with the sage to Mithila. On the way, he came across Ahalya, who had been transformed into a stone. He gave her life, absolved her of sin through penitence and restored her to her husband. At Mithila, he encountered Sita. He accepted Sita without any hesitation."
What is the inner meaning of these three incidents?"
A. The three women displayed the three types of gunas (attributes) in themselves.
B. That Rama destroys all demons and is the great emancipator.
C. The cosmic bond between Rama and Sita.
D. Rama's protection of Vishwamitra.
7. Vipassana Meditation is a well-known practice in Buddhism. What is it based on?
A. Following the breath.
B. Insight and awareness.
C. Devotion to the Buddha.
D. Repetition of mantras.
8. What attitude does Swami advise us to have towards the world?'Serve the world as you would serve a ..'
B. Beggar at your door.
C. Hospital patient.
9. How did Rama suggest to Lakshman to cut off the ears of the demoness Shurpanankha?
A. By instructing him to do so verbally.
B. By holding up four fingers towards the sky.
C. By pointing to his own ears and the sky.
D. By quickly drawing the shape of an ear in the dust.
10. Which religion did Bahá'u'lláh (1817-1892) found?
A. The Bahá'í Faith.
C. Zen Buddhism.
D. None of the above.
Dear Reader, did you like this quiz? Is it too difficult? Is it interactive enough? How does it help you? Please tell us at [email protected]