1. In Swami's education programme, what does the term 3-HV stand for?
A. The '3' refers to unity in the triplicity of thoughts, words and deeds, leading to 'HV' meaning heaven
B. The 3 values of Sathya, Dharma and Shanti, leading to 'HV' or heaven.
C. The 3H refers to Head, Heart and Hand and 'V' means values.
D. The 3H refers to Happiness, Health and Hope and the 'V' refers to Veneration.
2. In the Bhagavad Gita, Lord Krishna elucidates the seven divine qualities of women. "Among women I am fame, fortune, fine speech, memory, intelligence, steadfastness and _________." (Chapter 10 v 34) What is the missing quality?
3. After the crucifixion of Jesus, He appeared again as the Resurrected Jesus to His close disciples. One disciple, named Thomas, was not present at the time and he did not believe that Jesus had appeared to them. What factual proof did Thomas want to confirm that Jesus had been resurrected?
A. To speak with Jesus.
B. To go to the place where Jesus was living.
C. To place his fingers on the wounds of Jesus' body which were made by the crucifixion.
D. To have a written letter from Jesus.
4. In what context does Swami use the example of a registered letter to teach us an important lesson?
A. When we are unhappy over a lost article.
B. When we have been insulted by someone.
C. When we are missing our friends and family.
D. When we want a reply from God to our prayers.
5. The Muslim festival of Eid al-Adha falls on Sunday, 31st of December this year. It is celebrated at the conclusion of the last day of the Hajj pilgrimage to Makkah. Apart from special ceremonies in Makkah, it is also a time when Muslims around the world go to the Mosque for prayers dressed in their best clothes, and thank Allah for all the blessings they have received. It is a time for visiting family and friends as well as offering presents. The festival commemorates the faith of Prophet Abraham who was asked by God in a dream to sacrifice his son, Isaac. How did Abraham react to the dream?
A. Abraham refused to sacrifice Isaac and runs away.
B. Abraham did not believe that it was God who is telling him to sacrifice Isaac.
C. Abraham refused to make the sacrifice and agued with the Lord for seven days.
D. Abraham made ready to perform the sacrifice, but then God told him not to do so.
6. Some of the medallions created by Baba in former years carried the initials T.P.S. on them. What does Baba say these letters stand for?
A. The star of heaven born in human form and the three Incarnations of Sai.
B. Truth, Purity, Service.
C. The Puttaparthi Saviour.
D. Talk less, Practise more, Serve always.
7. The 8 day Jewish festival of Hanukkah occurs from 16th to 23rd December this year. Jews light one candle every evening for the 8 days with special prayers, placing the candles in a special menorah (see picture). What does the festival refer to?
A. Veneration of eight holy spirits who watch over the Jewish nation.
B. The miraculous burning of candles in the Jerusalem Temple for 8 days without oil.
C. Eight holy prophets of the Jewish nation.
D. Eight light rays that emanate from the Sun and give life to all.
8. In which year's Gurupoornima did Bhagavan announce that He is the divine Incarnation of Shiva-Shakthi?
9. Who was the last of the ten Sikh Gurus?
A. Guru Teg Bahadur
B. Guru Arjun Dev
C. Guru Har Gobind
D. Guru Gobind Singh
10. Swami tells us that there are the five D's that students have to cultivate in order to become successful in life. Four of them are dedication, devotion, discipline and discrimination - what is the missing 'D'.
Dear Reader, did you like this quiz? Is it too difficult? Is it interactive enough? How does it help you? Please tell us at [email protected]